Monday, July 03, 2006

 

I called 100 over

7/3/06

We began our competition this morning with the Singles Event. I finished in 6th at +19; Josh finished 5th at +23; and David finished 16th at –110. I had said all along that it would take about +100 (meaning 1,300 over six games) to have a shot at winning a medal and the winning score was 1,315, which was shot by Ronnie Lang of Australia. Moshe Shienman came in second and Adam Goldberg took the bronze.

For myself, I was consistent with my scores (more or less) but just did stupid things throughout the day. Mostly it was too many open frames (I must have missed four 10 pins alone) and in the fourth and fifth games, I let the pace of bowling dictate my timing, rather than it be the other way around. Also, in the fourth game, we hit a challenging pair (17-18, which is one of the end pairs) where the right lane was hooking about four boards more than the left. My scores on the day were 192-210-204-182-208-223 for a 1219.

Adrienne claimed the bronze medal in the ladies competition, 10 pins behind the gold medal, which was won by the infamous Lisa Abush of Canada; silver went to Debbie Sachs (Phil’s wife).

Speaking of Phil and Debbie, they invited all the bowlers to their house on Tuesday night for a barbecue. This is just typical of the hospitality and warmth all the Australians have shown the overseas athletes during our stay. It has been so nice to be in the company of not only our bowling friends, but all the volunteers and staff who have helped make our stay as wonderful as it has been thus far.

Not sure what the night will hold, but then it’s off to the doubles competition tomorrow. Josh and I will go up against the field, and David will be bowling with Emil Kizer on the world team.

Comments:
Nice shooting Matt. How many total bowlers were there? Say hi for me to our friends in Austrlia.

Mark Wexler
 
Matt:
Congrats on the gold in doubles! We never had a doubt. Keep having a great time and say hi to everyone for all of us.

Lots of love from stateside!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?