Thursday, July 06, 2006

 

Bronze for all

7/6/06

Well, it wasn’t pretty, but Josh, David, and I took bronze in today’s trio’s competition. To top it all off, Adrienne also took a bronze as part of the Rest of the World team. So it’s bronze medals for everyone!

I had the highest set on our trio team at 1202 (232-193-172-171-223-211) and am now only –8 for the 18 games, which is good enough for fifth in the all events standings. If I can get together six solid games I have a shot at a medal in the all events, as I sit only about 80 pins out of third.

We started well with a 613 team game, but there were only a few moments of brilliance for the rest of the day. Going into game six, we had a 70+ pin lead over fourth place and only shot 531, which was good enough to take the bronze but wasn’t the rousing finish we wanted.

The highlight of the day, though, was the medal presentation for the doubles. Josh and I proudly accepted our gold medals while Adrienne and Jessica from Mexico received a silver. Pictures will come, I promise (I told you I’m bad with those things).

Tonight, it’s off to the SOP for some basketball and soccer action with some of the Australian bowlers. Then tomorrow it’s the five-man team event. Since there are not enough bowlers to put together a Rest of the World team, we will just be bowling for our own individual scores; Adrienne and the four other ladies without a fill six-person team will form a Rest of the World team to compete against the Australians.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?